Of course, I’m not sure how much I actually get to think anymore, so that’s not surprising.
I sort of show up here on occasion, give a little factual snippet of my life, and move on again.
So some sundries for you:
1. I didn’t get sick. Well, I got stuffy, but not sick. I think I drowned it before it could get very far. I didn’t do this (scroll down to the bottom…the message all in caps lock, and read about how to get rid of a cold with a hairdryer…scary). Thanks to everyone who prayed and asked me about it.
2. Dave and I have spent an appalling amount of money this week. Not irresponsibly. But between the deposit for the apartment, purchasing end tables, two couches, and a new-but-drastically-discounted fridge, and paying for almost all of our honeymoon, we spent quite a chunk of change. It’s a little scary, sometimes, how fast it can all go.
3. If it weren’t for Adam, I wouldn’t have a wedding bulletin. Thank you, Adam, for making it all work.
4. Speaking of Adam, I love the lemmings.
5. Next week I work two-and-a-half days and get paid for five. I couldn’t be happier.
6. Well, no, I could. If the vacation weren’t for Thanksgiving, I’d be happier. I don’t really like Thanksgiving. I know I’m supposed to, but I don’t. I hate those awkward moments when someone turns to me and says, “So, what are YOU thankful for this year?” It’s not that I don’t have something to say, but it really annoys me when the culture that says “Gimme, gimme, gimme!” the rest of the year suddenly pretends to be all thankful and holy. I’d rather not have the holiday and cultivate thankfulness as a national value. Also, I don’t much like turkey.
7. I’m not sure I have more to say. No, I’m sure I have more to say, I’m just too tired and…well, brain-dead to think of it right now.